Pictures were kindly supplied by NCFC photographer Matthew Usher and CSF Photographer Alex Guest. Our thanks to them both.
Write-up kindly provided by Connor Southwell:
David has placed open communication and the construction of a connection with supporters towards the top of his to-do list since being appointed as Norwich City’s head coach back in January.
The German reiterated that commitment by being the latest attendee of a Norwich City Fans Social Club event and joined Darren Eadie on stage inside the Gunn Club for some excellent insight into his life, career, and opening months at Norwich.
Norwich is hoping to secure a play-off place in the final eight matches with Wagner hoping that his brand of energetic, dynamic, and attacking football will ensure City can return to the Premier League despite an inconsistent campaign.
This event offered a peak behind the curtain into the man who is leading those efforts.
Wagner, who has injected positivity into the season, spoke at length about his formative years in the game, his regular councils with best mate Jurgen Klopp and how he still feels the decision to join the Canaries was 100 % the right one.
His insightful answers to cracking questions from City legend Eadie and those supporters in attendance and humorous anecdotes made this a highly memorable evening.
Nearly 200 supporters were in attendance to listen to the City boss, who also signed autographs and posed for photographs once the evening had concluded.
Our thanks to Norwich City FC for their assistance with the evening and for allowing us to use the Gunn Club to hold the event and to David for giving up his time to speak with fans.
Thanks, as ever, also go to our wonderful sponsors Foster Solicitors for all of their help and support.
We also held a raffle with 15 prizes being won as well as auctioning off a pair of match-worn gloves signed by City keeper Angus Gunn, which were sold for £200 and will go towards supporting the Community Sports Foundation.
- What was it like to return to your former club Huddersfield?
- What are the major differences between football in Germany and here in England?
- Question on the tactical structure around the taking of a free kick on the halfway line
- Are modern footballers being over-coached?
- What was it like to experience the Nest and join Duncan’s Club for a session?
- Why doesn’t Norwich put defenders on each post at corners?
- Have there been any differences to the Championship since your last time at this level?
- How will it affect you if the club doesn’t get promoted this season?
- Question on the latest team news ahead of Saturday’s game against Sheffield United
- Are conversations held with players about how to deal with the Carrow Road atmosphere – especially when it is tough?
- What are your opinions on the drum?
- Was Carrow Road turning toxic before your arrival a help in that it gave you a chance to connect quickly or an added pressure as it required a quick start?
- How have you found officiating in the Championship compared to the Bundesliga?
That’s it for us this season, thank you to all of you amazing NCFC fans for all of your support this season, we’ll reveal how much you’ve helped us raise soon. At this event alone you helped us raise £1,289. You Rock!
All the best.
The Norwich City Fans’ Social Club.