Thank you to everyone who supported our quiz evening, all our costs were covered by our Principal Sponsors, Fosters Solicitors so every single penny raised will go to the Community Sports Foundation. You are amazing.
Our charity quiz night was lots of fun, we had 39 teams including 5 teams from various Norwich City departments and they battled to knock last years winners Steve Stone & his team off their perch. The quiz was ably hosted by Rob Butler from Radio Norfolk and his co pilot Eddie Edwards, who wrote the quiz and gently guided him through the evening. Rob interacted with lots of fans who he knew and there were laughs of plenty, as he made fun of some of the team names and questions.
From the 39 teams we had one Ipswich Town team and also one team with one Ipswich fan in it called ‘’One of us is a scummer “ they were given a warm welcome for joining us to raise money. We provided a plate of chips at halftime and sweets on the table but if they were still hungry there were yummy green & yellow cup cakes to buy which were made by the generous Mel Napper of the Little Baking Station.
There were 5 rounds including a music round & a table round and the results can be found below if you click on the link. The losing team received the prestige award of a wooden spoon each decorated in green & yellow and the winning team each received a trophy, 2 tickets for Hollywood cinema and 2 tickets for the Gunn Club
In addition to all the raffle prizes we had 4 great auction prizes ( listed below ) which raised £1000, the total raised for our quiz night for the CSF was just over £3000
Well done to the winners “One of us is a Scummer “ hard luck to the other 38 teams. Thank you to everyone who supported us & the Community Sports Foundation, we all really do appreciate it
The final standings of the teams can be seen here
The prizes that we auctioned at the end of the evening were:
- Exclusive use of the Fosters Solicitors’ Box at the NCFC v Reading match on Saturday 17 March; which includes 12 seats, access to the VIP bar before the match and at half time and tea, coffee and snacks
- Afternoon tea for two at the Ritz, London (a voucher enabling the winner to book a suitable date themselves)
- A drinks hamper; containing a variety of spirits, wine, Champagne and mixers
- A pair of Christoph Zimmermann’s boots kindly donated by the man himself, along with a signed NCFC ball from the club
- We are very grateful to Fosters Solicitors, our principal sponsors, who have donated all of the first three prizes.
And the raffle prizes on the night were:
- Norwich City Gnome
- Norwich City Stationary Set
- Norwich City Money Box Boot
- Norwich City Glass Tumblers
- Signed Darren Huckerby Book
- Tales from the City Volumes 1, 2 & 3
- Norwich City Autograph Book & Pen
- Norwich City Notepad and Pen
- Norwich City Mug and Hat
- Norwich City Goody Bag
- Norwich City Scarf and Cap
- Norwich City Signed Pennant
- Norwich City Signed Programme
- Norwich City Signed Framed Shirt 2015-16
- Along Come Norwich T-Shirt & Forces 2 Canaries Scarf
Every penny on the night will go to our charity, the Community Sports Foundation.
Our quiz is very kindly sponsored by our partners Fosters Solicitors.