Write up by Connor Southwell.
For the first time in 20 months, the Norwich City Fans Social Club was thrilled to host an in-person event as they welcomed supporters back for their annual quiz night.
We raised £3,300 for our friends at the Community Sports Foundation!
Nearly 30 teams took part in the highly competitive quiz held in the Norfolk Lounge at Carrow Road, with £2505 raised on the night and Barclays Bank has agreed in principle to fund match an additional £750, with an anonymous donor rounding that up to £3300 in aid of the wonderful Community Sports Foundation.
Four rounds, eighty questions, and a table round stood between the teams, and a prize of trophies, wine, club shop vouchers, and an ncfc mug. It made for an excellent evening of entertainment as people rejoiced at being granted the chance to meet up at an event for the first time since the beginning of the pandemic in March 2020.
Throughout that time, our volunteers have worked tirelessly to continue putting on events over Zoom but nothing can replace that feeling of meeting up with a group of friends in the flesh.
Enthusiastic quizmaster Michael Bailey led proceedings superbly, combining quick wit with entertaining delivery style to guide everyone through an evening full to the brim with fun, community, and competition.
Some of the best team names included Quiztos Tzolis, We met on Tinder, Only Kruls and Horses, and No Eye Dear with plenty more creative, funny, and clever team names among the teams who entered.
The night concluded with a raffle, where prizes included Akin Famewo’s signed boots, an NCFC signed pennant, and an NCFC Monopoly. Our auction contained four gifts donated by the club including signed home and away shirts, a one-night Dinner, Bed & Breakfast stay at Park Farm Hotel, and a Teemu Pukki home kit. That raised a mammoth £760 in the evening.
At the end of the quiz, it took a tie break question to separate Forces 2 Canaries and Drayton Insurance, the former took the trophy which was presented to them on stage by City director Tom Smith.
As ever, a final thank you to our sponsors Fosters Solicitors, who continue to provide us with the support to host these events. We hope you enjoyed attending it in person and we hope to see you all again at our next live event in November, details to follow.
Here’s the list of raffle prizes:
- Two framed NCFC Prints 2020/21
- Lotus rain jacket
- Forces 2 Canaries ruck sack – donated by Forces 2 Canaries
- NCFC cushion
- Signed & worn Akin Famewo football boots
- NCFC monopoly
- Signed Darren Huckerby book
- Signed Grant Holt book
- Kids pack
- Icon book
- Teemu Pukki bobblehead
- Bragging rights book
- NCFC flask
- NCFC signed pendant
And here’s the list of auction prizes:
- Norwich City 2021/22 home shirt signed by the current squad – donated by Norwich City Football Club
- Norwich City 2021/22 away shirt signed by the current squad – donated by Norwich City Football Club
- Romantic dinner, bed & breakfast for 2 at Park Farm Hotel & Leisure – donated by Park Farm Hotel & Leisure
- Teemu Pukki match issue 2020/21 Championship signed home shirt – donated by Norwich City Football Club
- Silent Auction
- Framed fans’s edition goal keeper shirt – donated by NCFC Hogsta
- Signed Christoph Zimmermann 2020/21 boots
And last but by no means least, here are the final standings: