Well, what a fantastic evening this was!
We had a full house with 44 teams including 6 from NCFC and an U23s team including starlets Alfie Payne and Keiron Jones. Congratulations to Alfie for winning the heads & tails game and bagging the magnum of champagne!
Here’s hoping two things, it’s not the last bottle of champagne he raises during his NCFC career and that his new nickname is Alfie “Cham” Payne!
NCFC Legend Darren Huckerby was in the Fosters team and donated several raffle prizes to us, thanks for your support Hucks.
The evening was hosted by the enigmatic Rob Butler who did a cracking job along side our very own Eddie the quiz master. Thanks again Rob for all you do for us.
We even had a team of Ipswich fans, thanks for your support guys and the lovely messages on the leaflets and paper! One team was named, “one of us is a scummer”, but apparently the scummer didn’t turn up, did anyone think to check the bottom of the table?
There were 5 rounds including a music round & a table round and the results can be found below.
The losing team received the prestige award of a wooden spoon each decorated in green & yellow and the winning team each received a trophy, 2 tickets for the Gunn Club & a bottle of wine.
We raised an amazing grand total of £3,434 for the Community Sports Foundation. Thank you so much to everybody who helped us reach that total, you’re amazing.
We had some amazing raffle prizes on offer:
- Bottle of Prosecco & Truffles
- Bottle of Cava & Truffles
- Bottle of Wine & Chocolates
- Novelty Hedgehog & Chocolate Brazils
- Chocolate & Biscuits
- Chocolate & Truffles
- Norwich City 70s, 80s, 90s Books
- Forces to Canaries Scarf and Mug
- Norwich City Flask and Hat
- Norwich City Mug & Bottle Opener
- Norwich City Autograph Book & Stationery
- Norwich City signed Football 2018/19
- Norwich City Hat & Mug
- Signed Darren Huckerby Book
- Norwich City Signed Pennant 2018/19
Thank you to everybody who donated a raffle prize.
We had 5 incredible auction prizes this year:
- Champagne Afternoon Tea for Four at The Ivy Brasserie in Norwich – Voucher for the winner to choose and book themselves
- Drinks Hamper – Complete with a variety of spirits, wine and liquors
- Romantic Night In – Jo Malone Candles (Iris & Lady Moore, Peony & Moss, White Lilac & Rhubarb) sold in Harrods, bottle of Prosecco and Box of Chocolates
- Hospitality for two as guests of the Executive Committee at a Norwich City Home Game* – Includes three course meal, drinks and seats in the Directors Box *game to be agreed and at the club’s discretion
- Grant Hanley – Signed International Boots & 2 x Tickets for Norwich City v Ipswich
The Hospitality for two has been donated by Norwich City Football Club.
Drinks Hamper, Champagne Afternoon Tea for four and Romantic Night in have kindly been donated by our principal sponsors Fosters Solicitors.
Grant Hanley Boots donated by Grant himself.
Tickets by the Community Sports Foundation.
Thanks so much to you all for providing such fantastic auction prizes.
Here’s the moment you’ve all been waiting for, the final results:
|1||Connie, Lynn & Gus||81|
|=2||Foxys Specialist Garage||78|
|=2||One of Us is a Scummer||78|
|=5||F C Carpet||76|
|=7||J is for Genius||75|
|=13||Only Smarties have the Answers||71|
|=15||Menace II Sobriety||70|
|=20||Boswell’s Barmy Army||67|
|=20||Life of PI||67|
|=20||Tractor Boys & Girls||67|
|=24||NCFC Media Team||66|
|=24||The Good, The Bad & The Canary||66|
|=24||We met on Tinder||66|
|28||Covered in Quiz||65|
|=29||NCFC Academy Staff Team||64|
|=29||The Ab Fabs||64|
|35||NCFC Retail Team||62|
|36||Goodbye Veganuary, Hello Febnodairy||61|
|37||Tales of the City||59|
|=40||We’re just here for the Chips||57|
|42||Itsy Bitsy Teeny Weeny Yellow Super Quiz Machinery||54|
|43||Norfolk Un Good||42|